Friday, 9 May 2014

Roath Park


The sun was shining brightly on Saturday and what better way to herald in the sun than with a walk around the beautiful Roath Park with some great company? I'm so thankful that through blogging I've met some great people such as Welsh Girl Problems who I'm convinced is my Welsh soul sister.  

We're both massive fans of Roath Park which boasts a trickling river that sneaks underneath a lovely bridge.  We played Pooh Sticks for which we got taken the piss out of by 12 year old kids in Joni jeans, New Balance trainers and frilly socks. Get a grip.  To add to the park's charms is the lake, you can rent a boat or peddle boat to explore the lake properly.  The lake acts as an important habitat for all sorts of birds including very pampered (and slightly overfed) geese and swans.  Spring means lots of little baby birds much to my delight.  WGP and me walked around the lake avoiding the geese and swans who can be quite vicious.  Being slaves to blogging we also snuck in some outfit pictures.

We finished off our day of exploring by stopping off in a local coffee shop that serves THE best coffee I've found in Cardiff. The Coffi House (3 Wellfield Road) has been around for ages, it's low key and very welcoming.  I couldn't resist sneaking a side of chips with vinegar into my order.  Revision is turning me into a food monster.

What did you guys get up to on your weekend?
x



| find me on twitter, instagram, pinterest and bloglovin |

5 comments

  1. aah those ducklings are the cutest! The park looks lovely, I'm determined to get out and about more this summer and find some nice places like this around my area x

    ReplyDelete

  2. The Coffi House also does a WICKED fried breakfast! I absolutely adore living so close to Roath Park at this time of year. I'll have to take a wander out on Sunday to see some ducklings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a lovely park! Aww those ducklings. Sounds like a nice way to spend time outside & with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this park (and these photographs) are seriously dreamy. I love the top images of the blossom, so pretty.

    x

    p.s. ducklings - eeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are so lovely. Someone actually laughed at you for playing pooh sticks? They must be boring.
    Also, those chips. YUM.
    x

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
the little nomad | a UK/German travel and lifestyle blog |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.