Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Getting pampered at Rehab Nail Bar

Rehab Nail Bar Cardiff
Rehab Nail Bar Cardiff

I used to bite my nails, it's one of those habits I've had for the longest time and never managed to shake it.  It made me sad to see everyone else with lovely long painted nails and so way back last summer I started my pilgrimage to Rehab Nail Bar to get that sorted out.

Rehab Nail Bar is probably Cardiff's best nail bar.  The first time couple of times I went I got express false nails and that's weaned off my nail biting.  I've always wanted long claw nails, some people probably aren't a fan but I love them and feel like a real lady when I have them. To get acrylics you need your nails to be long enough to stick tips on so that was the chief incentive to keep my nails in shape.

It's become almost a fortnightly ritual for me to visit to keep my nails in check.  It's a gift to myself and for me it's so important to get over my nail biting so I can look presentable at job interviews and just generally shake a bad habit.  Especially during revision time taking an hour out to get my nails done is such a relaxing treat.  You get greeted with big smiles and you're offered a drink straight away.  The girls at Rehab are the best and we always have a chat and a laugh.  Plus they always remember how I take my tea which is just even more brownie points.

As you can see the sheer choice of nail polishes is overwhelming, it takes me a good five minutes to commit to a shade.  You're also spoilt for choice in terms of brands: OPI, China Glaze and Orly to name a few.  This time I went with Start of Bombay by Orly which is a dark blue that looks black in certain lights.  Very vampy.

You can get a variety of treatments for your nails such as a gel manicure or a normal manicure, extensions and express false nails, but you can also sneak in a beauty treatment such as a spray tan.  Most recently Rehab have opened up a little sister salon called Dollymixers where you can get your hair blow dried before your nail appointment and even they offer extensions. It's the perfect place to set you up for a pamper or a night out.  Rehab also organise parties for any occasion be it Hen Do's, birthdays or just a pamper party.  Anybody want to join me?

Any of you Cardiff gals who haven't been to Rehab yet, you need to make an appointment ASAP! 

Anyone else a fan of pampering themselves and keeping your claws in check?

More soon!
x

Orly Star of Bombay
Rehab Nail Bar Cardiff
Orly Star of Bombay
Orly Star of Bombay

Rehab Nail Bar 44 Crwys Road, Cathays, Cardiff, CF24 4NN

Telephone: 02920 213 548
Email: kate@rehabnailbar.com
Twitter
Instagram
Facebook

Opening times: 
Monday 09:30 - 18:00
Tuesday 09:30 - 18:00
Wednesday 09:30 - 20:00
Thursday 09:30 - 20:00
Friday 09:30 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:30 - 17:00

| find me on twitter, instagram, pinterest and bloglovin |

7 comments

  1. You reminded me I really need to book a manicure!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a lovely nail bar, I totally miss being able to get my nails done as I can't wear nail polish for work which kills me! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out all those colours x

    Hannah

    themakeupjunkiesdiary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so fab! Looks like a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never actually had my nails done! It does look really fun (even just picking the colour!) but it doesn't really cross my mind. I should go sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this place looks awesome! I used to get my nails done regularly & it did make a huge difference in how I felt. Just being that little bit more groomed & presentable. I went traveling last July & am still on my travels now, so unfortunately, my grooming has gone way down hill. You've made me miss it even more now!

    Alix // Oui Je T'aime Aussi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the same way-- like many people don't care for the long claw nails. But I LOVE them and have been itching to get mine done for a while now.

    www.whatjacquelinewears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All your comments are very much appreciated! If you have any questions either leave them with your comments or get in touch with me here: ninanenor@gmail.com @the_littlenomad

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
the little nomad | a UK/German travel and lifestyle blog |. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.